Mipui Update History
Follow on Twitter for updates.
- Editing credentials are no longer loaded from browser-side storage - so it's (once again) possible to have one tab open with editing priviledges and another tab in view-only mode.
- Fixed a bug where Chrome extensions that load custom CSS would break tiling and image exporting.
- Fixed showing slightly incorrect image output dimensions in the image export dialog.
- Improved One Page Dungeon import: now supports round rooms, columns, water, and room numbers.
- Can import maps exported from One Page Dungeon. Only basic wall and separator support for now, will add more features in the future once One Page Dungeon's export functionality includes them.
- Fixed a bug that could drastically increase memory usage on initial map load.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent text boxes from being closed by the "X" button.
- Performance improvement to the cross-hatch themes. These are still the slowest themes, but they are now not as bad as before.
- Some small tile-related bug fixes.
- Right scroll bar is no longer covered by the top menu.
- Rectangle, Ellipse, Rectangular Room and Elliptical Room gestures now show a preview on hover. This makes them more intuitive, and they are now much easier to use in themes that lack grid lines.
- Paint bucket tool is now more responsive.
- Fixed a bunch of critical Safari issues.
- Added a "used" token category to list all the tokens used in the current map.
- Undo/redo/remote operations now briefly highlighted their affected cells, to help the user identify what just changed.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs related to token placement, movement and resizing.
- Increased the size of move, delete, and resize widgets, to make them easier to handle.
- Cross-hatch themes now hide walls that are not next to floors.
- Added archway separator.
- Added cross-layer eraser tool, under the Map menu.
- New experimental flow for creating a map from an image of a map, available from the import button under the File menu.
- Fixed bugs and performance issues with the first time a line-of-sight gesture is used on a map.
- The sideways update!
- Tokens can now be placed rotated (to cardinal directions) or mirrored.
- Text can now be placed sideways (left or right).
- There are now 4 variations of spiral stairs, one for each direction.
- New button under the text menu to automatically assign numbers to rooms. It tries to guess which areas constitute rooms, then places a sequential numbers in the center of each room.
- Significatly increased performance on large maps.
- This makes maps up to 200x200 perform nearly as fast as the default-sized 20x20 map.
- Maps larger than 200x200 are also possible now but performance might start severely degrading.
- Operations that affect large areas of the map at once, such as wall bucket tool, line-of-sight, magic-wand selection, pasting large areas etc., can still be slow - and things might also remain slow for a few seconds following these operations. This is especially true for operations that affect the entire map, such as the initial map load and when changing the map theme, where the delays might reach minutes for large maps. Be patient!
- To reduce frustration from the post-operation slowness, a "rendering" message with a progress bar will appear on the map after a large operation, to indicate when performance is up-to-speed again - please wait until it's done before continuing your work.
- Notice that exporting to an image is currently limited to around ~14,000x14,000 pixels, so huge maps cannot be exported with a high number of pixels per cell.
- Behind the scenes, this performance boost is enabled by chunking the map into 5x5 tiles; they can occasionally be spotted now for some operations. For more information on how this works, check out this post about the process.
- Improve hidden cell performance.
- Improve cutout theme performance.
- Renamed "stairs" menu to "elevation" menu.
- New tool in the elevation menu: Pits! Meant to represent areas lower in elevation than those around them, and in particular artificial pits.
- Line-of-sight from inside a pit does not extend to cells outside the pit.
- New tool in the elevation menu: Passage! Meant to represent a passageway above or below existing areas.
- The line-of-sight tool ignores passages, unless the center cell is a wall with a passage, in which case the line-of-sight tool will only reveal other passage cells - simulating being "inside" the passage.
- A "hidden" variation of this tool, visible to editors only, is available in the GM menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused the selection overlay to appear under walls.
- Image export is now much faster.
- Lower memory footprint.
- User Interface
- New bottom bar that displays current coordinate and tool size.
- Can now change the range of the line-of-sight tool.
- New image export dialog that provides more detailed descriptions for the various options (and removes some clutter from the file menu).
- Major Bug Fixes
- Image export in Firefox no longer drops angled and oval walls.
- Menu item labels are now properly spaced in Firefox.
- Shape colors are now more consistent between browsers and when exporting to image.
- Added "paint-bucket" wall-painting tool.
- Added crop-to-selection button.
- Lots of miscellenous bug fixes.
- Added resize button.
- Greater choice of PNG resolution when exporting.
- New themes! Cross-hatch, old-school and more.
- Keyboard shortcuts for menu items.
- Lots of performance improvements across the board.
- Added GM tools such as fog-of-war and live-of-sight reveal.
- Added 207 more token images from game-icons.net.
- Added support for changing themes.
- Beta version released to a limited pool of users.
- Included 2831 token images from game-icons.net.