Mipui Update History
Follow on Twitter for updates.
- Significatly increased performance on large maps.
- This makes maps up to 200x200 perform nearly as fast as the default-sized 20x20 map.
- Maps larger than 200x200 are also possible now but performance might start severely degrading.
- Operations that affect large areas of the map at once, such as wall bucket tool, line-of-sight, magic-wand selection, pasting large areas etc., can still be slow - and things might also remain slow for a few seconds following these operations. This is especially true for operations that affect the entire map, such as the initial map load and when changing the map theme, where the delays might reach minutes for large maps. Be patient!
- To reduce frustration from the post-operation slowness, a "rendering" message with a progress bar will appear on the map after a large operation, to indicate when performance is up-to-speed again - please wait until it's done before continuing your work.
- Notice that exporting to an image is currently limited to around ~14,000x14,000 pixels, so huge maps cannot be exported with a high number of pixels per cell.
- Behind the scenes, this performance boost is enabled by chunking the map into 5x5 tiles; they can occasionally be spotted now for some operations. For more information on how this works, check out this post about the process.
- Improve hidden cell performance.
- Improve cutout theme performance.
- Renamed "stairs" menu to "elevation" menu.
- New tool in the elevation menu: Pits! Meant to represent areas lower in elevation than those around them, and in particular artificial pits.
- Line-of-sight from inside a pit does not extend to cells outside the pit.
- New tool in the elevation menu: Passage! Meant to represent a passageway above or below existing areas.
- The line-of-sight tool ignores passages, unless the center cell is a wall with a passage, in which case the line-of-sight tool will only reveal other passage cells - simulating being "inside" the passage.
- A "hidden" variation of this tool, visible to editors only, is available in the GM menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused the selection overlay to appear under walls.
- Image export is now much faster.
- Lower memory footprint.
- User Interface
- New bottom bar that displays current coordinate and tool size.
- Can now change the range of the line-of-sight tool.
- New image export dialog that provides more detailed descriptions for the various options (and removes some clutter from the file menu).
- Major Bug Fixes
- Image export in Firefox no longer drops angled and oval walls.
- Menu item labels are now properly spaced in Firefox.
- Shape colors are now more consistent between browsers and when exporting to image.
- Added "paint-bucket" wall-painting tool.
- Added crop-to-selection button.
- Lots of miscellenous bug fixes.
- Added resize button.
- Greater choice of PNG resolution when exporting.
- New themes! Cross-hatch, old-school and more.
- Keyboard shortcuts for menu items.
- Lots of performance improvements across the board.
- Added GM tools such as fog-of-war and live-of-sight reveal.
- Added 207 more token images from game-icons.net.
- Added support for changing themes.
- Beta version released to a limited pool of users.
- Included 2831 token images from game-icons.net.